Portfolio Optimizer for mutual funds

Visibility: Public
asked Jan 02, 2018 12:47 PM by
 gravatar image

Usually I don't invest in mutual funds, but because my company just announced a new retirement plan for employees and would match employee RRSP contributions I would want to take advantage. The only problem is that they partnered with an investment company and we're restricted to investing into select mutual funds with slightly lower fees. I have about 22 mutual funds to choose from. It seems like the portfolio optimizer only works on stocks or ETFs.

I want to know what's the best way to optimize these funds? Is there a tool I can use or something I can do to build a spreadsheet?

Thanks

Edit Retag Flag offensive Close Delete

1 answer

sort by ยป oldest newest most voted
answered Jan 08, 2018 09:38 PM by
Jin Won Choi gravatar image Administrator

Hi likiud,

Unfortunately, there's no way to incorporate mutual funds in the optimizer. The algorithm would need the daily price history of the mutual fund in order to assess how volatile it is in relation to other components in the portfolio. I'll think about expanding the functionality of the tool so that it can pull information about mutual funds, but I can't give you any guarantees. Getting data on mutual funds could be expensive.

Jin

Edit Flag offensive Delete Link
Please log in to post an answer.

Stats

Asked: Jan 02, 2018 12:47 PM

Seen: 1,713 times

Last updated: Jan 08 '18

Web Analytics