AI ETF (MIND.TO) Opinion

Visibility: Public
asked Jan 24, 2018 09:52 AM by
 gravatar image
updated Jan 24, 2018 09:52 AM by
 gravatar image

Hi Jin,

Just wanted to get your opinions on this ETF. The MER is a little on the high side (~0.5%). But looking at the holdings, most of them are North American equities which is somewhat similar to CCP's ETF portfolio (ZAG, VNC, XAW). Could I technically combine have a portfolio of MIND.TO (heavy on north american equities, lower on emerging markets etc), and just XSB.TO for short term bonds? I'm looking to construct a simpler portfolio for my RRSP (I don't have enough in the RRSP to start another moneygeek regular portfolio). Also this would make my quarterly balancing a lot easier.

Myself, I'm still keeping track of this ETF because it is very interesting but have not committed to buying yet.

Thanks,

Trevor

Edit Retag Flag offensive Close Delete

2 answers

sort by ยป oldest newest most voted
answered Jan 27, 2018 02:41 PM by
Jin Won Choi gravatar image Administrator

Hi Trevor,

MIND is a very interesting ETF that uses deep neural networks. Unfortunately, I don't have enough information about the ETF to form a definite opinion. This is no surprise - there are a lot of considerations that go into constructing and utilizing neural networks, and they may want to protect some of the finer technical details for competitive purposes.

I'll try to reach out to the managers of MIND to see if they could provide more information. It may take a couple of months for me to publish something, though.

Jin

Edit Flag offensive Delete Link
answered Mar 02, 2018 07:57 PM by
 gravatar image

I am also interested to understand what's "under the hood" of MIND.to. I would assume it's some kind of active factor based investing strategy but according to Horizon it's more than that.

The day I turn over all the driving to my car is the day I will turn over my portfolio to a robot investor. Until then, driving, like investing, gives me a certain pleasure.

Edit Flag offensive Delete Link
Please log in to post an answer.
Web Analytics