How does Moneygeek make money?

Visibility: Public
asked Feb 10, 2018 02:25 AM by
 gravatar image

Hello Jin,

I find your website and videos very accessible and genuine in nature. I was curious to why you decided to create Moneygeek and how you are able to be compensated for your work on it given that your current memberships are completely free. Will you eventually reintroduce premium content or put a fee to your regular membership?

Thanks,

Yi

Edit Retag Flag offensive Close Delete

1 answer

sort by ยป oldest newest most voted
answered Feb 14, 2018 09:41 AM by
Jin Won Choi gravatar image Administrator

Hi Yi,

When I first created MoneyGeek, I had wanted to generate revenue by selling memberships. However, I eventually realized that my business model didn't make sense, so I abandoned that effort and made the site free. At the same time, I came to know some companies that wanted to create their own financial tools, and they began to contract me to build them. That's currently how I make money.

Since the way I make money has nothing to do with MoneyGeek itself, you may wonder why I keep maintaining this site. The answer is that MoneyGeek serves as a blogging outlet for myself, and as a means of connecting with people. It allows me to connect with people who may become potential clients, employees, and users of future tools under development. I personally think that's very valuable.

Jin

Edit Flag offensive Delete Link
Please log in to post an answer.

Stats

Asked: Feb 10, 2018 02:25 AM

Seen: 506 times

Last updated: Feb 14

Web Analytics