Income tax question

Visibility: Public
asked Mar 01, 2018 07:01 PM by
 gravatar image

I recently received a T5008 from Questrade with a summary of trades. I don't want to pay an accountant as I have always done my own taxes and I have such a small amount of trades.

  1. Do I need to report short selling of stocks if I have not bought them again and therefore have no capital gains/losses?

  2. Do I need to report DLR.TO/DLR.U.TO transactions? If so, how would I do that? If my case, it was a simple buy DLR.TO, sell DLR.U.TO transaction.

Edit Retag Flag offensive Close Delete

2 answers

sort by ยป oldest newest most voted
answered Mar 02, 2018 01:22 PM by
Jin Won Choi gravatar image Administrator

Hi bmclean,

  1. I know you want to avoid asking an accountant, but questions of this nature are best left to them. For what it's worth, I personally don't report gains or losses on short positions until I close them.

  2. Yes, you should report those transactions. You should report them like you report any other trade, except you'll specify transactions in CAD sometimes, and in USD the other times.


Edit Flag offensive Delete Link
answered Dec 16, 2019 02:30 AM by
 gravatar image

Income tax is related to taxes that are applied to anything because if they do not apply taxes they will face worries. In the meantime https://www.essayontime.com/services/dissertation.html allow you to calculate the income taxes through this link.

Edit Flag offensive Delete Link
Please log in to post an answer.
Web Analytics